The never ending battle of Love and Hate in a nutshell.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

We live in a beautiful world.

Earlier this evening, i read Buyot's blog. His latest entry, was definitely something i was familiar with. I myself did not/am still not have/having a normal childhood. As some of you might know, my parents were divorced when I was at the tender age of 5. Perhaps it was better that they separated and went on their own paths back when i was younger, as my sister and I did not have any idea of the on-goings at the time. Had they got divorced when we were more mature, im sure we would have been more emotionally affected. Unfortunately, an image of my parents in their bedroom shouting, screaming and yelling at each other still haunts me to this day and sometimes leave me sleepless at night.

About an hour ago, after putting down this book i bought at Ikano Power Centre's Popular Bookstore, i switched on the television in my room for some easy viewing. I am not sure of the show's name and 8tv's website is kinda a bitch to browse through, but it was about a lawyer slash matchmaker starring Alicia Silverstone who is a bombshell. On this one case she worked on, she helped this guy get some custody of his newborn child that his ex-girlfriend has given birth to. At the end of the show, the guy got what he wanted. When he held his son for the first time, in slow motion and with Coldplay's "The Scientist" playing, I swear i fucking teared. Perhaps it was what i read in Buyot's blog helped generate it.

Perhaps it was the fact that i want what that guy was experiencing. Fatherhood is, in fact one of the greatest joys a person can experience. I want to be a father. Obviously, i am too young at the moment, but I am sure as hell i want to provide my child the few things my father failed to provide me. I want to make sure, that my children gets to live a normal childhood. I want him/her/them to love life.

In the words of Chris Martin "We live in a beautiful world." Let's show the world what that's all about.

-iglue

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, dont be silly. Theres no such thing as a normal childhood. Dont fall into that self pity trap that the media lures you into. Be happy both your folks are alive. Be happy your not in a foster home.
Be happy you dont have two parents telling you what to do.

That shit aside, well said man. Sperated parent crew like whut.

September 6, 2004 at 4:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that was me btw.
sweet.
-george

September 6, 2004 at 4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home